ADK STAB FP-2100JC is a nitrogen/phosphorus-based, halogen-free flame retardant for polyolefins.
ADK STAB FP-2100JC is an intumescent system showing excellent flame retardency with retention of mechanical properties.
ADK STAB FP-2100JC is considered to represent a technical breakthrough in flame retardants for PP in particular.
Thermal decomposition > 270°C
Features and Applications
Effects & Performance
- Low heat release
- Very low smoke release and very low smoke density
- Very low CO & CO2 emissions
- No corrosive gases
- Homogeneous char layer with closed cell structure
- Negligible emission of poisonous combustion gases and in particular CO, HCN, NOx and PH3
- Good heat stability = wide processing window
- No antagonism with HALS = good light stability
- Excellent colour stability
- Superior water resistance
- Significantly lower loading compared to Al-trihydrate and Mg-hydroxide
- Reduced density of final compound compared to inorganic and halogen based solutions
- Lower loading in comparison to conventional ammonium polyphosphates
- In accordance to RoHS & WEEE
- Recommended for PP, PE and EVA and other polyolefin based compounds
ADEKA did participate in a multi-company R&D study investigating the recyclability of P/N flame retardants in a multitude of polymers at Fraunhofer LBF in Germany, supported by PINFA from 2016-2018.
In particular the recyclability of ADK STAB FP-2100JC in polypropylene was confirmed in this model study.